As part of the Office of Student-Athlete Services, the Division
of Athletics offers a comprehensive sport performance enhancement
program for our student-athletes.
Topics may include:
- Goal Setting
- Relaxation/Stress Management
- Imagery (Visualization)
- Attentional Skills/Concentration
- Positive Self-Talk/Confidence
- Playing Time/Role Clarification
- Injury Management/Retirement
- Athletic Identity
- Healthy Behaviors
Goals of the Program:
- To improve the overall quality of the student-athlete
experience at UB.
- To provide services in the area of performance
enhancement/mental training to student-athletes.
- To provide continuing education to coaches and athletics staff
regarding the mental/emotional aspects of collegiate sport
- To provide counseling/referral services for student-athletes
who present with clinical issues.
- To act as a resource for coaches/athletics
staff/student-athletes, in a confidential environment, with
research, information, and advice surrounding the issues of sport
- To instill in the athlete the importance of overall health,
wellness, and personal development.
- Scheduled workshops for teams throughout the academic year
- Additional drop- in educational workshops for athletes on
- Educational workshops for coaches and staff on various
- Individual coach consultations
- Individual athlete consultations
- Clinical referrals
- Other services as needed
For more information, or to coordinate team or individual
workshops, please contact Kellie Peiper in the Office of
Student-Athlete Services at 645-6472 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.