Boston University Defeats Buffalo, 6-1
BOSTON, MA - The University at Buffalo women's tennis team concluded a weekend stay in New England, falling to Boston University, 6-1. The loss drops UB's record to 0-3 this spring.
The Terriers took all three of the doubles matches winning at first doubles 8-0. They also took matches at second and third doubles, 8-1 and 8-2, respectively.
In singles action, sophomore Tanvi Shah picked up her second straight win as she defeated Leonie-Charlotte Athanasiadis at first singles, 7-5, 2-6, 6-1. Boston University won straight-set singles matches at second, fourth, fifth and sixth singles, while the Bulls lost in a three-set match at third singles. Junior Tamara Markovic went into tiebreakers in both the first two sets, winning the first set before falling in the second. She lost the 10-4 super tiebreaker in the third.
The Bulls return home next Sunday when they host Cornell on Feb. 12. The match begins at 1:00 pm.
Boston University 6, Buffalo 1
1. Leonie-Charlotte Athanasiadis/Jessi Linero (BU) def. Tanvi Shah/Miranda Podlas (UB), 8-0
2. Vivien Laszloffy/Monika Mical (BU) def. Tamara Markovic/Marta Stoyanova (UB), 8-1
3. Stefanie Nunic/Sami Lieb (BU) def. Kira Golenko/Annamaria Candanoza (UB), 8-2
1. Tanvi Shah (UB) def. Leonie-Charlotte Athanasiadis (BU), 7-5, 2-6, 6-1
2. Vivien Laszloffy (BU) def. Marta Stoyanova (UB), 6-2, 6-1
3. Monika Mical (BU) def. Tamara Markovic (UB), 6-7 (5), 7-6 (5), 10-4
4. Sami Lieb (BU) def. Kira Golenko (UB), 6-2, 6-1
5. Jessi Linero (BU) def. Miranda Podlas (UB), 6-2, 6-0
6. Petra Santini (BU) def. Annamaria Candanoza (UB), 6-0, 6-0