DEKALB, IL – The University at Buffalo women's tennis team evened its record to 6-6 on the season with a 5-2 win at Northern Illinois on Saturday afternoon. UB won the doubles point and took four singles matches as it improved to 2-2 in the Mid-American Conference.
The Bulls started early by claiming the doubles point. UB's regionally-ranked doubles team of Denise Harijanto and Aleksandra Petrova won at first doubles as they defeated Brooke Forsberg and Emily Rogers, 8-4. The Bulls also picked up a win at third doubles as Diana Popescuand Diana Toia defeated Kelly Phillips and Stephanie Okuma, 8-4.
The Bulls return home this weekend as they host a pair of matches against MAC competition. The Bulls will face Miami on Friday and Ball State on Saturday with both matches starting at 1:00 pm. The contest on Saturday will be UB's last home match of the season.
1. Denise Harijanto/Aleksandra Petrova (UB) def. Brooke Forsberg/Emily Rogers (NIU), 8-4
2. Kathryn Friedlund/Sara McLaughlin (NIU) def. Tamara Markovic/Anna Subenkova (UB), 8-5
3. Diana Popescu/Diana Toia (UB) def. Kelly Phillips/Stephanie Okuma (NIU), 8-4
1. Denise Harijanto (UB) def. Kathryn Friedlund (NIU), 6-1, 6-1
2. Aleksandra Petrova (UB) def. Emily Rogers (NIU), 6-1, 6-3
3. Diana Popescu (UB) def. Brittni Fausett (NIU), 6-0, 6-3
4. Sara McLaughlin (NIU) def. Diana Toia (UB), 6-0, 6-1
5. Tamara Markovic (UB) def. Kelly Phillips (NIU), 6-3, 6-0
6. Martina Schnapp (NIU) def. Anna Subenkova (UB), 6-3, 7-6 (4)