Bulls Finally Back Home to Host Northern Illinois on Saturday
Buffalo (8-15, 3-6 MAC) vs. Northern Illinois (5-16, 3-6 MAC)
Date: Saturday, February 9
Time: 1:00 pm
Site: Alumni Arena - Buffalo, NY
Radio: 1230 AM/102.9 FM WECK
Click here for Live Audio
Click here for Live Video
Click here for Live Stats
Click here for Game Notes
BUFFALO, NY - After playing four of the last five games on the road, Buffalo is back home to host Northern Illinois in the first of two straight home games on Saturday afternoon.
The Bulls are 8-15 overall and 3-6 in the MAC after losing at Eastern Michigan, 65-46, on Wednesday night. Javon McCrea led the Bulls with 15 points and nine rebounds. Will Regan added 12 points for UB.
Northern Illinois is 5-16 overall and 3-6 in the MAC. The Huskies are coming off a 57-41 loss to Bowling Green on Wednesday night. Northern Illinois is led by Abdel Nader who is averaging 14.4 points and 5.9 rebounds per game.
The all-time series is tied, 13-13. The Bulls won the last meeting, 74-59, at the Convocation Center last season. McCrea posted a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds.
• Buffalo has won the last six meetings and 10 of the last 11 against Northern Illinois.
• Since joining the MAC, the Bulls are 8-2 against Northern Illinois in games played at Alumni Arena.
• With nine rebounds at Eastern Michigan on Wednesday, Javon McCrea passed Mark Bortz for fifth place in school history with 609 career rebounds.
• In seven games as a starter, Tony Watson is averaging 38 minutes per game, including playing all 40 minutes twice.
• The Bulls have been outrebounded in two straight games for the first time this season. The last time it happened was against Ohio and South Dakota State last year.
• The Bulls are shooting just 53 percent from the free throw line over the last two games (23-of-43).
• While the Bulls are scoring just 64.5 points per game (8th in MAC), they rank third in the conference in field goal percentage (.435).