Bulls Back on Road to Play at Western Michigan on Saturday Night
Buffalo (8-13, 3-4 MAC) at Western Michigan (13-7, 5-2 MAC)
Date: Saturday, February 2
Time: 7:00 pm
Site: University Arena - Kalamazoo, MI
Radio: 1230 AM/102.9 FM WECK
Click here for Live Audio
Click here for Live Stats
Click here for Game Notes
BUFFALO, NY - Buffalo is back on the road for two straight beginning at Western Michigan, the West Division leader, on Saturday night.
The Bulls are 8-13 overall and 3-4 in the MAC after beating Central Michigan, 91-73, on Wednesday night. Cameron Downing led the Bulls with a career-high 21 points. Auraum Nuiriankh also scored a career-high 18 points and added 10 rebounds for his second double-double of the year.
Western Michigan is 13-7 overall and 5-2 in the MAC. The Broncos are coming off a 72-68 win at Miami (OH) on Wednesday night. Western Michigan is led by Shay Whittington who is averaging 11.9 points and 7.9 rebounds per game.
Western Michigan leads the all-time series, 10-8. Buffalo won the last meeting, 59-57, at Alumni Arena last season.
• The Bulls have won four of the last five meetings with Western Michigan, including three straight at University Arena.
• Buffalo has won 10 straight games against West Division opponents.
• Javon McCrea is 10 rebounds shy of becoming just the sixth player in school history to pull down 600 rebounds.
• Cameron Downing had a career-high 21 points against Central Michigan and is averaging 8.8 points over the last nine games.
• The 91 points scored against Central Michigan on Wednesday were the most by a UB team against a MAC opponent since scoring 95 at Northern Illinois on Jan. 30, 2010.
• Javon McCrea is eight points shy of surpassing John Fitzpatrick (1,221) for 13th in school history in scoring.
• The Bulls have averaged 7.7 three-point makes over the last four games.