The University at Buffalo Cheerleaders present…
The 2012 UB SPIRIT CHALLENGE
We are very excited to invite you to participate in this year's event on Sunday, OCTOBER 28, 2012.
The Spirit Challenge will be held at the University's North/Amherst Campus in Alumni Arena. This annual event is a great forum for your team to showcase the skills they have been working on all season. Last year we saw over 100 teams perform in front of thousands of spectators and hope to do it again!
This event is open to all youth, high school, College, and All- star programs.
Rules and Guidelines
- Youth and School Teams will follow NFHS Guidelines, which can be found at www.aacca.org.
- Divisions will be broken down as indicated on the registration form.
- Youth & School teams- we will offer Small/Medium/Large divisions to accommodate the various # of participants if necessary
- All Star teams will follow the Division Guidelines and Leveling system as indicated on the registration form and at www.usasf.net
- Every participant must have a waiver signed by parent/guardian and turn in day of event. Download waiver
- All music should be on a High quality CD. Please bring several copies
- Routine time not to exceed 2min 30sec
- music allowed for all or part of routine
- Performance floor is a 54X42 cheer floor for school & youth 54 X42 Spring floor for all star (subject to change based on registration)
- Score sheet examples will be sent once team has registered
Tentative times are as follows (based on # of teams performing)
- All- star 8:30am
- Youth- 12 noon
- High School-3pm
- $12 per participant youth & School Teams
- $15 Per PARTICIPANT ALL STARS
- $5 Crossover fee
- 2 coaches per team no cost
- Each additional coach $3
- Awards will be announced at the end of each program
- Every team will earn an award
- 4 Grand Champions will be awarded as follows
- 1 All-star
- 1 Youth
- 1 Youth 2nd session
- 1 School Based Team
- Grand Champions to be determined by overall High Score
- Professional DVD’s will be available for purchase the day of the event
- Official UB Spirit Challenge Tee-shirts will be available for purchase
- Carnations, Concessions, and various vendors also on site
We are very excited about this year’s event and hope to see you there! We encourage everyone to remember and instill in your team that this is an event that promoted “Spirit, “ for our sport! Although we do give out awards we want all teams to feel that they have a great environment to showcase their skills. Please let us know if you have any questions/concerns. We are easiest reached via email. Thanks again and see you on the 28th!
The 2012 UB CHEERLEADERS